Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Just Thinking

There's a new book coming out in June that will include journal entries and letters from President Obama's ex-girlfriends.  These two women were in relationships with him in college and soon after.

Whether the thoughts are good or bad on the part of the women, it is disturbing to think one's romantic life can be open to the public to this degree.  Although most of my young adult relationships ended amicably, I would hate for those guys' journal entries about us to go public. Some moments should be just yours and the (ex-)beloved's.

2 comments:

The Steel Magnolia said...

Oh my! I totally agree. Why in the world would anyone want personal journals published? And I'm wondering what the ration of flattering-to-embarassing will be for the women and for Obama.

Goodness gracious! Stop putting your business in the street! And really stop putting other folks' business on the porch! (Double that sentiment if you've ever dated a cute, short steel magnolia!)

Anonymous said...

That's just terrifying. As you said, my relationships ended reasonably, but never in a trillion years would I want the intimate details published.

Poor guy. (And that goes for all public figures except the scoundrels. I have special rules for jerks.)