Saturday, June 11, 2011

What I'm Watching

I'm sitting here watching Bill Maher's show from last week and wondering how in the world it is that TWO women are named Melissa Harris + hyphen. This woman looks a lot like her, I'm thinking. I was really astonished. (It's like the time when I was working the drive through at McDonald's and collected a customer's money. The person at the second window was busy, so I ran over to fill the order and handed it out to the guy. He looked at me with his eyes stretched wide, asking, "Do you know that the girl at the first window looks JUST like you? Are you twins????") Obviously, I lost track of her for a moment. Clearly, she's gotten married, changed her name, and moved to Tulane. I should pay better attention.

Also been watching "Sister Wives" and what the heck, state of Utah? Hearing them talk about police splitting of the family seems totally nuts to me. I still don't really get it. I understand that the father can be arrested, but how can they force them to move apart and not see each other? Do they enact some kind of restraining order preventing them from calling each other? How can they tell them who can live together? Or who can have contact? That's sooo wrong. I'm horrified for them.

Finally, I'm totally addicted to "Cold Case" which isn't even on the air anymore. Thank goodness for the DVR! This is a brilliant premise for a show and I love it. I also have a hair crush on Tracie Thoms.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Are you twins?" HA HA!

Good Enough Woman said...

Regarding twins, I recently went to a Sheryl Crow concert, and there was a Kid Rock imposter walking around. Everyone thought he was the real deal for about an hour. I'm so glad I'm not one of the women who ran up and hugged him. It's one thing to hug a guy that looks like that if he's Kid Rock. It's another thing to hug a guy like that if he's NOT Kid Rock.

At our house, we just finished our Bones binge and are not alternating between Battlestar Gallactica, Modern Family, and Race to Dakar.

The Diva said...

SM, stop having my thought! I was watching Bill Maher and I told Diva's Husband, "They have the same name, they both are professors, they both work in TV (one Melissa works on CNN and the other works on msnbc); I bet Harris-Lacewell is thinking this woman is my professional twin." It took me a good minute to realize that it was the same woman.

I like Cold Case, too, but after having The Popcorn, shows like that really disturb me. It's annoying too because I used to really like those shows, especially Criminal Minds. Now they just scare me with the possibilities of horror and make me want to cry.

The Steel Magnolia said...

Ink & GEW: People are interesting, huh?

TD: At least I wasn't the only one who was having a total brain blip! But I have a problem with crime shows, sometimes, too, but mostly when they involve children.

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

I watched Sister Wives a few times last season and was scared for that family. What's going on this season sounds horrible. Wonder if this would not have occurred but for the show??

Mmmmm....

The Steel Magnolia said...

Hi, Justice Jonesie! I think that the show seems to be part of the reason that they are being targeted. Sad.