Thursday, June 23, 2011

Even I know that

So, I'm confused. Justin Beiber (pause for applause) was on "The View" discussing his Twitter habits. About 10 times, he said something like, "when I twitter . . ." or "he sent out a twitter" and I thought, "Hmmm." Isn't "tweet" the correct terminology? I mean, I know that I'm old, but I try to keep up. Well, actually my students mock me when I get it wrong. As in, when I indignantly asked a student sitting right beside me and pressing buttons, "Are you TWITTERING????!!!!" She practically fell out of her chair laughing and the rest of the class joined her. "Professor." Laugh. Eyeroll. "It's tweeting, not twittering. OMG." More laughter.

So, there, Beiber. Get with it, man!

4 comments:

Ink said...

You are WAY cooler than The Beib.

And I love that you said "(pause for applause)." ;)

The Steel Magnolia said...

Ink: I totally agree--blogging mamas somewhere in the vicinity of middle age are much cooler than teenage pop stars. Ha!

Ink said...

Psssst, Steel, will you email me at inktopian@gmail.com so I can tell you something? Hugs, Inky

The Steel Magnolia said...

Sure!