Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Holding it together with questionable effectiveness

So, I'm still dealing with the crisis. Not fun. So, part of what I've decided to do to help me stay in my right mind is to crochet. When you can't adequately fix the problems in your own life, help somebody else, right? I've completed a baby blanket and burp cloth (see the picture here--I'll post a picture of the one I actually made as soon as I can) for a local charity that gives handmade items to babies, and a hat for cancer patients.

I can't wait to take the stuff to the charity. I smile when I think of the comfort and loving kindness the recipients will (I hope) feel. It's a good thing. (And so is crochet itself--anybody want to join me? The Diva?)

2 comments:

The Diva said...

I think that is a wonderful idea. I was very elated to find two hats, a colorful burp cloth, and a matching bib at Popcorn's beside. It was made by a sewing/knitting group at a local hospital. It was especially good because regular newborn things didn't fit her.
I wish I could do something like that (I always wanted to knit scarves, hats and mittens for the homeless), but alas, I cannot knit. Or crochet. I wonder if the charity would like a collection of well-written verse.

The Steel Magnolia said...

Wonderful! I HAVE to point out that if you had taken my crochet lesson to heart, you'd be yarning yourself into a tizzy now . . . .