1. I am really sad to hear about Andrew Koening who played Boner in Growing Pains. It's sad that he was in such pain in life that he felt he needed to take his own.
2. I am saddened and horrified that Dawn Brancheau was killed by a killer whale and the animal will live to tell the tale. I don't fault Brancheau because she was doing her job and it is important that humans observe and study the animal world. I do fault Sea World for keeping this animal around even though this is his third killing. Humans--who have a conscience and can therefore theoretically be rehabilitated--have been killed for less victims. Wild animals kill; it's in their nature. Have we forgotten that they are animals?
3. I know you love the Olympics, SM, but I am glad they are over. Now, NBC can get back to showing other things. Like The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Wait, his guests this week will be Olympic athletes. Will it never end?
4. Can a woman sleeping with a married man (with two kids) reasonably expect fidelity and honesty in the affair? Apparently, one of Tiger Woods's mistresses, Joslyn James, held a press conference after his public apology (Why was that news? Why was it covered by major networks and not just the E! network?) and with her lawyer, Gloria Allred, requested an apology from Tiger for herself as well. C'mon, Slim, you knew what this was!
5. Spring Break is coming! Woohoo!