Monday, January 4, 2010

Seriously?

So, I decided to be all industrious and hard-working today. I started working on my syllabi and planning for classes. I listed all of the class dates and started filling them in with assignments and class work. Then I realized--oh. my. goodness.--these dates start next flipping week! What in the world?! Here I was thinking that I had two more full weeks and that I was really on top of things by starting now. Instead, I suck because I don't even have some of the books that I need to list readings on the syllabus. And you know what else sucks like a Hoover? It's what-the-heck? degrees outside and now I'm going to have to drag my behind all the way to campus as if I'm not still on vacation. This is not cool at all.

5 comments:

Ink said...

Arrrgh! How frustrating! Well, good luck to you during this week of flurry!

And hey, you and I both know that there are profs who don't plan out their whole syllabi by the first week. So there's always the fly-by-the-seat method if need be. ;)

The Steel Magnolia said...

Boy, I wish I could be one of those professors! Or the people who write their conference papers on the plane! But, alas, I would implode in front of the classroom!

evenshine said...

Ugh- I HATE it when I enter a timewarp. Happens all the time. Good luck in the frosty behind-drag.
("Frosty" here modifies drag, not behind, just so we're clear).

Anonymous said...

That's exactly how I'd describe it, evenshine - a timewarp. And oh how I hate it when that happens, too. If often happens to me on a Sunday...waking up thinking that it's Saturday instead. Yuck!

The Steel Magnolia said...

Well at least it's not just me! Today I realized that I have a pediatrician appt. tomorrow,and an all day meetings on Thursday and Friday. So I guess I'm working all weekend, huh? Waaaahhh!