Saturday, January 3, 2009

What's new?

So, as the new year rolled in I revisited a list that I began on my 30th birthday. It's a list of the things I hope my life will bring me. Places I want to go. Experiences I want to have. As soon as I wrote the list, one of the items happened right away. So, now I write down everything I can think of. Obviously, writing it down makes it come true, right?

Looking at that list again, I'm setting out on this year with an openness that I don't usually have. Well, I'll try. I want to be comfortable with the discomfort of not knowing, not understanding, being unsure. Leaping. The net will appear. Last year was filled with so many unexplained tragedies that I wanted to . . . I don't know, say screw it. But there were wonderful, unexpected open doors, too. So, I'm going to believe that happiness will surround me and prevail all over the world. And that we'll survive and sustain when it doesn't.

In the meantime, I'll look for ways to make my list happen. And thanks, TD, for bringing me one item on the list. :)

No comments: