Monday, October 18, 2010

I Need a Wife



I am exhausted. And I don't have the time or energy to do it all. I have an extremely time-consuming project going on at work in addition to my three different class preps; midterm grades are due tomorrow and I haven't finished grading the midterm exams; I have a paper presentation in November for a paper I have yet to even begin researching; there is a pile of clothes on my bathroom floor that is screaming to be washed; additionally, there is a pile of clothes on my den floor screaming to be put up; there is paper strewn about my office; my fingernails bend and break when I pick up the tiniest thing (which wouldn't matter so much at this point except it hurts like heck); my daughter will not allow me to make a move without her right there, on my heels or in my arms; I need to select and purchase a new cell phone since my child broke mine; there are prescriptions I need to find time to call in and pick up; and I have to force myself not to scream out loud at least once a day.


Is this what being an adult woman is all about? Y'all can have it. I'm going back to my teen years. As soon as I find time to build a time machine. . . .

1 comment:

The Steel Magnolia said...

I don't know if this is what being a woman is about, but it seems to be what being a mom is about. I'm just trying to move from one stage to another, getting to mid-terms, and now getting to the Thanksgiving break. Take a breath, girl! A wise colleague told me, "You're juggling balls, not glass!" So drop one every now and then, if you need to!