Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Given the state of things in the world (my own little world and the world at large), I've decided to start posting a "Thankful" message each week. Too often lately, I've felt the need to keep myself from spinning downward. I would love to hear what you are thankful for, too, big and small. So here goes:

Today I am thankful for the promise of a quiet day to do work that is meaningful to me. And I'm delighted that part of that includes watching a video on blaxploitation films that make me want to put on a bright tangerine minidress and dance to the theme song from Shaft. Yay for today!

3 comments:

ck said...

I'm thankful that even after a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day with the girls, we can sit together at dinner and find things to laugh about.

evenshine said...

Moi? I am thankful for the leaves veiling the ground and the swirl of wind that kicks them up to dance in the air.

Oh, yeah, and blaxploitation. That too.

The Steel Magnolia said...

Beautifully put, both of you. I'm also thankful for having an audience of any size because, until I started blogging, I almost forgot that I used to think of myself as a writer.