Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Did NOT See This Coming

We arrive at the grandparents house to pick up our children. I'm so excited to see them. They are napping, so I kiss them and let them finish sleeping in my arms. Finally they wake up and stare at us, bleary-eyed. I'm expecting a big, excited display of affection. That's not exactly what I got. But there were hugs and kisses and cuddles. I was glad to see them. I couldn't get enough of their sweet little faces. Know what I wasn't expecting?

Mumps.

I was loving on The Babydoll, holding her face in my hands, when I commented that her face looked different. "They've been eating like crazy people," my family told me, "Her face is probably a little more plumped up." But her lopsided smile still looked a little "off" to me. Then I felt the large lump on her jaw. We decided to head on over to the urgent care, just in case. I suppose it doesn't really matter, since mumps is a virus and there's no medication. But I'm glad that I at least know what's going on with her.

There's always something, huh?

No comments: