Monday, June 7, 2010

Random

  • Picked up an animated version of the Henry "Box" Brown story. I thought it would be an interesting, exciting adventurous story for the children. I really should have considered the fact that I would have to answer, "What's a slave?" I was totally unprepared, but I hope that my wide-eyed answer sufficed.
  • The Babydoll is enthralled with the whole idea of mail; I wonder if I should be worried about her trying to mail herself in a box.
  • I've been a crocheting fool. My fingers ache. But I can't seem to stop!
  • We've had a couple of pretty good potty days with The Baby Boy. Yay!
  • The more I watch "Intervention" the more it seems that alcohol--not marijuana--is the gateway drug. Hmmmm.
  • I've decided to read at least one classic text this summer. I chose *Wuthering Heights* I'm enjoying it, but it's been a while since I've journeyed through British Literature. I want to fall in love with it the way I hear other people talk about it. We'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

Good Enough Woman said...

When the Boy got interested in MLK this year after MLK day, I ordered a book on MLK from the Childhood of Famous American series. But the book was written around 1969, so it's kind of awkward. I found myself trying to explain all kinds of stuff--like the difference between word choices such as Negro, Black, etc. And so much of it was written in a way that was very difficult for him to follow. So I need to find a new book.

Do you know that I haven't read Wuthering Heights? I have started it, but I haven't gotten very far. I really should read it. But it seems that people tend to be in love with either "Wuthering Heights" OR "Jane Eyre." And I am definitely in love with "Jane Eyre."

The Steel Magnolia said...

GEW:Have you seen the MLK Jr. book by his sister, Christine King Farris? We have some board books on both MLK and Coretta that are great for MLK Day, but I think that one is great.

I'm only at the beginning of Wutheirng Heights, so feel free to read along! But so far, I think I'm turning out to be Jane Eyre kinda girl, too! I love it!